Sunday, March 24, 2019

JANUARY 10, 2019

The Thrill of Empirical Confirmation
 
All I can say is BiNgO! After the installation of the 7" piece of coax, the F/B has not only been walked down to 7.1 Mhz, but is presaent throughout the 40 Meter band! I never thought that would be within the realm of the possible. But all indications on receive indicate a significant expansion of the F/B in absolute terms, as well as its manifestation across a wide sweep of frequencies: 7.0 Mhz to 7.3 Mhz. It's everywhere! I perform some random tests between 7.130 Mhz and 7.180 Mhz, and all reports surpass ones previously collected a day or so before when the extra 7" of coax were not in place. The next day I plan to conduct an extended F/B check on the air with amateurs who are following all of this on this QRZ.com page. 
 
After installing the 7" of coax into the phasing line, the numbers read by the MFJ analyzer at the remote switching relay box locked into textbook purfection. 37 Ohms+j7 for Northeast, 38 Ohms+j7 for Southwest and 41 Ohms+j17 for Broadside (Omni). Awesome! When I saw the numbers in the field, I knew something "was up". It was not until I got back into the shack and started flipping the verticals NE/SW that I realized the extent to which the entire system had locked-in to itself.

Perfect Readings: Northeast, Southwest & Broadside (Omni)
Measured at the remote relay switch box after lengthening phasing line 7".
 
***
 



No comments:

Post a Comment